BEST JAZZ INSTRUMENTAL ALBUM – LOCKDOWN by the Biscodini Organ Trio
BEST IMROVISED JAZZ SOLO – "CANYON ROAD" B3 solo by Scott Healy
BEST ENGINEERED ALBUM NON-CLASSICAL – Biscodini and Bob Daspit
PRODUCER OF THE YEAR – Scott Healy, Lockdown by the Biscodini Organ Trio
Curt Bisquera • Scott Healy • John Chiodini
Hudson City Records and Biscodini Organ Trio presents Lockdown - Ten grooving jazz, RnB, soul and rock tracks from Los Angeles supergroup Biscodini Organ Trio.
‘The Hammond B3-guitar-drums format is among the most durable combo configurations in the music. But its elasticity was perhaps never tested as greatly as on the Biscodini Organ Trio’s remarkable new release Lockdown , which was recorded and co-produced remotely during the nationwide pandemic quarantine of 2020 by three gifted, versatile Los Angeles-based musicians. –Chris Morris
PRODUCED BY BISCODINI AND BOB DASPIT
RECORDED MARCH 15th – JULY 31st, 2020 IN LOCKDOWN AT BLUEDOG STUDIO, BLACK COUCH
STUDIO AND CHIODINI STUDIO
ENGINEERED and MIXED BY BOB DASPIT and BISCODINI
MASTERED BY BOB DASPIT
ARTWORK by: JAYSON WON
LINER NOTES by: CHRIS MORRIS
RELEASED BY HUDSON CITY RECORDS, PO BOX 1651 STUDIO CITY, CA 91614
All compositions by Curt Bisquera, Scott Healy and John Chiodini (BLUEDOG MUSIC, BMI - KIRKEE B
MUSIC, BMI - Ginger Q Music BMI) Except “Song for My Father” by Horace Silver (Ecaroh Music, Inc.
Special Thanks To:
Scott May and Hammond USA, MOTU, Christine Healy, Daniela Spagnolo for gettin us up off our a**es
to do this project, Drum Workshop, Paiste, Remo, Vater Drumsticks, LP. Toontrack, Spectrasonics,
Audio Technica, Presonus, Canopus, BFSD, CRS, Audio Technica Microphones and Headphones,
Bradley Gant and Play MPE, John Hammond, Catapult Distribution
© 2021 by Biscodini – All Rights Reserved
Hudson City Records, P.O. Box 1651 Studio City CA 91614
Bluedog Music, BMI - Kirkee B Music, BMI - Ginger Q Music, ASCAP
1. The Mask (2:22) – Straight-ahead, short and sweet–with a touch of a retro vibe.
2. Biscodini Boogaloo (3:55) – The title says it all.
3. Donuts Spelled Backwards (4:45) Cool Afro-Cuban groove with an intricate jazz
head, a soaring bridge, featuring detailed ensemble playing and guitar/organ interplay.
4. 2020 Shuffle (3:26) – Killer medium-up blues shuffle – “Toto, I have a feeling we’re
not in Chicago anymore…”
5. Karen Stay Home (5:12) – Slow and expressive jazz ballad…for all the Karens.
6. Beau Did He (4:03) Motor City meets New Orleans meets Eddie Harris
7. Canyon Road (4:46) Hip Bossa Nova, almost too hip.
8. Song for My Father (4:46) Classic Rock take on the classic Horace Silver tune.
9. 6 Ft. Distance (3:50) Funky compound meter groove with evocative head and tight
10. Swabbed (4:24) More funk, this time mixed with RnR, Pop, Latin percussion.